JBI Suspension WP AER48 Subvalve (aka low speed valve)
- Replaces stock WP AER48 compression piston post bypass circuit
- Improves low speed compression damping efficiency
- Better initial breakaway fork feel
- Allows for less fork air pressure without forks diving/overly soft
- For MX, Off-Road/Enduro, AX/SX, and Freeriding setups
- Machined from high grade 7075 aluminum
- Factory red anodize finish
- Sold as 1 piece (Subvalve only)
- Combine with a JBI Suspension Revalve to get the most out of your WP AER48 forks
- This is a technical part and assumed when sold the tuner understands suspension mechanics/tuning
- Subvalve does not come with shims, settings, or install guide.
What is a "subvalve" or also know as "low speed valve?"
A subvalve more effectively meters the oil flow thru the bypass circuit of a compression valve assembly. Most often the oil flowing thru the bypass circuit is only controlled/adjusted by changing the setting of the compression clicker. While the compression clicker functions well in altering the total volume of oil that can flow thru the bypass circuit, there is still room for improving how to control/manage the oil flow (pressure) thru the bypass circuit. A subvalve adds the ability to control the flow of oil thru the bypass circuit with suspension shims AND the clicker adjuster. With the addition of shims, the oil is no longer able to freely flow thru the bypass circuit without light initial resistance. This light initial resistance is key as it allows for more effective control of the fork compression damping system thru the entire suspension travel at all speeds/pressures. That is why it is possible to run less air pressure in the WP AER48 fork without it being overly soft. Subvalves (aka low speed valves) are common in high end A-Kit forks and all production KYB SSS forks.