JBI Suspension Hard Anodize Coatings
- Lower fork axle lug hard anodize $200/set
- black or gold
- Outer fork tube hard anodize $440
- Kashima brown aka "Fauxshima"
- Candy paint black, red, blue, green, yellow, gold, orange, purple, grey
- Shock body hard anodize $200
- Anodize misc small suspension parts $200/batch
- black, red, blue, green, yellow, gold, orange, purple, grey
- Machined parts can be polished per request
- Engine case cover hard anodize $180
- black, grey, or gold
What is JBI Suspension Hard Anodize?
Hard anodizing is an anodizing process that forms an abrasion resistant and sealing oxide layer on aluminum. Often referred to as hardcoat anodize, type 3 anodize, or engineering hardcoat since the oxide layer has been commonly & successfully used for applications where the hardness and increased oxide thicknesses are an advantage. This is accomplished in a low temperate bath solution of sulfuric acid charged with a electrical current. Hard anodize coatings evenly penetrate into the part and build up onto the part being coated. The build and penetration of the hard anodize coating is a key component to its durability.