JBI Suspension Fork Cartridge Rebuild Service
- Leaking fork cartridges are a common problem with current twin chamber forks (KYB, Showa, and WP)
- JBI is able to repair all leaky and non-functioning fork cartridges
- Typical turn around time is 1-2 days
- Parts vary per rebuild based on wear and condition
- Cartridge Seal
- Free Piston Seal (Inner and/or outer)
- Cartridge Bushing
- Price listed above is labor for rebuilding each cartridge
Why do twin chamber inner fork cartridges leak?
Any design that features a seal that is constantly sliding is eventually going to wear out and need replacement. In motorcycle forks, the addition of oil containments and debris speed up the wear process of these seals. A twin chamber fork features a pressurized inner cartridge, which resembles the rear shock damper, but the design layout is slightly different for the forks. This pressurized damper features critical seals that allow the fork cartridge assembly to build pressure and function correctly. When one or more seals fail, the damper performs very poorly resulting in poor suspension performance.
Why do most shops and tutorials recommend drilling the cartridge body?
JBI uses a unique non-damaging method to safely remove the lower cartridge seal head without damaging the threads. At this time JBI is not sharing this technique, therefore everyone else is drilling the cartridge body "peens/staking marks" to relieve the stress on the cartridge seal head threads before removal. While the "drilling" method does work, JBI prefers our safer, cleaner, and non damaging method.